Friday, October 2, 2009

Accomplishments for Today

Well, I did it! I finely made soap and lotion today! I made 4 batches of soap; 2 Lavender, Breathe Easy, and Gardener's Companion. Then I made 2 batches of lotion; Raspberry and Grapefruit. It was hard standing on my feet for several hours, but the satisfaction of seeing the molds for the soap filled and lotion in the drawer is great!

The Gardener's Companion is a new recipe for me. It has Lemongrass, corn meal, and orange peel in it. I am excited to test it. It smells wonderful and looks really pretty. The reason for this soap and naming it this way is for those who love to get their hands dirty in their gardens, but have troubles getting the dirt out of their skin. Hopefully this new soap will have the scrub and the smell to overcome this side effect of gardening. Since I have to turn my garden beds over within the next week of so, I will try it out and see if it works like I think it should.

Tomorrow I will cut these soaps and probably make more!

No comments:

Welcome to Our Site!

Welcome to Lily's Lathers, your site for the best, natural, homemade products available!

Jam packed with moisturizing properties! Energizing and soothing to the skin! Helps with acne and eczema!